Like any other malady that is left untreated, panic or anxiety attacks have and create their own share of complications for a person suffering them.
These complications, depending on the severity of the attacks, can cause complications ranging from the mild to severe, affecting literally every area of a person's life.
The very nature of the malady is such that you may dread having panic attacks so much that you constnatly live in fear and agony.
The complications that panic attacks could cause or lead to include include:
- Avoiding social situations
- Suicidal thoughts and risk
- Occurence of lasting phobias, such as fear of driving or leaving your residence
- Difficulties at work and in studies
- Financial problems
- Alcohol and/or drug/substance abuse
In other words, untreated panic attacks can affect your life in more ways than one, making daily existence a nightmare, especially if your panic or anxiety attacks are severe.
Recommended Resource: Joe Barry's Panic Away